Tuesday, August 3, 2010

E-books library

I've been wondering about the feasibility of having an e-books library at school. Not sure library is the right word, maybe collection is better. I wouldn't be able to do this on my own but if other teachers create works we could probably put them in the Student Resources folder in the school's system.

This would also include content area material that students could access on their own. I know that teachers are sensitive about resource material that they put their hard work into, so each e-book could be credited to the author (teacher). The reason for developing authentic work is to cater to our local needs. Although I haven't ruled out downloading material I think this is a better option.

Who knows maybe as members of this MEd. program, people would like to share what they have created for use within our schools. And there are tools to manage your collection, such as Calibre. Just a thought.  

No comments: