Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Podcasting

Been considering using a podcast for one of the lesson plans. Know what I want to do and how to do it. I'm just not too sure that my students would want to hear my voice. They already have to listen to it all the time. So my big plan is to get one of my friends to do the reading for me. Anybody think this is a good idea or not? Opinions accepted.

This was interesting http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/how-to-podcast.htm especially the part about making sure it's something you enjoy.

1 comment:

Amia said...

Hi Darren,

I never knew you were so comical:) I really like the voice of your posts it is very engaging. Podcasting is one of the most exciting and wonderfully disruptive technologies to emerge in recent history. Podcasting is exciting because any one can get involved, express themselves, exchange ideas, or pitch their products. Whatever interests people have, there is a place for them in podcasting....

Podcasters, with their first podcast can reach a more geographically diverse audience than a radio station with the most powerful AM/FM transmitter in the world....
The whole world really is listening. Access to such a huge potential audience was a privilege once reserved only for large corporations and governments, but podcasting has changed everything. The individual has been empowered and given a voice - this means our students, so then I agree with you on the podcasting issue, if students hear our voice so often mightn't they become bored with it? So then let them hear theirs!