Friday, July 30, 2010

I hope this helps

I've deliberated about writing this post but it is something that has been bugging me and so here goes.
My posts may not always reflect it but I know that there are a lot of good things about our education system.
  1. It has produced all of the wonderful, hard-working, competent, dedicated teachers that are involved in this MEd. and many more besides,
  2. Our initiative makes the obstacles we as teachers face, look like a 2-piece jigsaw puzzle
  3. We want the best for our students, not just academically, we want them to be everything they want to be and more
I accept that there is a lot that we've learned, and a lot that we want to share. The thing is a whole session was held on the format of a blog that would capture and hold the reader's attention, adult, child, teacher, student, and on and on.

If we as teachers do not model and implement what we want our students to do, we can become as technologically literate and brilliant as we want to be it won't help as much as it should.

Can we start with our blog posts please?
My emphasis is not on content but on delivery so don't think that I'm flaming anyone. In other words you don't have to agree or disagree, you can just leave it be.

Although I wasn't there I understand from the online notes that Audacity was used. This is an excellent and easy way to add any kind of audio - music, voice, effects to a wide variety of media (ppt, video) for use with students. Just remember to save your files in the correct format, wav or mp3 (wav is smaller in size).
Here are some good reviews http://www.c4lpt.co.uk/Top100Tools/audacity.html and the simplest how-to online tutorial that I could find (without writing it myself) http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Audacity.
Experiment that's the only way you'll get it right!

1 comment:

Lisha said...

DJ
I agree with all that you've said. It is very encouraging that you have such faith in the ntion's teachers. Your words are very motivating and I must thank you for taking the time to share such valuable information. It is true that it is only with practice that our skills would develop and help us to use the tools effectively. This collaborating and information sharing using blogs really portarys the nature of education in the 21st century. We are on the right track.